The same rules for weight loss will apply to a gluten free diet as they do for the typical American diet.
Can you Lose Weight on a Gluten Free Diet?
Once again here is our quick, 10 line, stanza-response to answer your question:
*** Remember, all weight loss, no matter how you do it, is a function of insulin control.
The Lose Weight w/o Gluten Story
1. A weight loss gluten free diet can take on many forms
2. eating grapefruit all day will do it, but that’s extreme
3. greens, leaves and roots are awesome for you, but aren’t enough
4. add in some nuts, seeds and fruit and you are still gluten free, but
5. without protein you’re malnourished
6. add in meat, chicken or fish and you have a gluten free diet to lose weight with
7. but meat isn’t cosher these days so you eat lots of rice and corn instead.
9. eat those later foods in moderation and you will lose weight, but …
10. … “those are the yummy ones and I will feel deprived.” To combat that see below:
Eat all of these Gluten Free Foods
And Less of of these Gluten Free Foods
Again, losing weight on a gluten free diet is pretty much the same process as losing weight on any other diet. Keep the foods that spike insulin down and eat more whole, lower-glycemic foods and you’re golden.